When the travel ban was instituted, the Left went absolutely nuts and enlisted the underhanded assistance of many of the most Liberal judges in order to demonstrate their faux outrage, even going so far as to grab judges from New York and California, all the way out to Hawaii. When all was said and done, however, as was expected, the ban was upheld when it was reviewed by the highest court in the land.
That’s the ultimate goal of this group, though, to ensure that whatever the American people are in favor of is met with challenge after inane challenge in order to slow the agenda of the president, who is wildly popular with his base. In yet another example, the Left has done it again by finding another useful idiot judge to stall the inevitable. This judge has just said no to the ban on transgenders in the military, despite the fact that the American people are in favor of it!
A federal judge on Monday barred President Donald Trump’s administration from proceeding with plans to exclude transgender people from military service.
U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly ruled that the transgender service members who had sued over Trump’s policy were likely to win their lawsuit. She directed a return to the situation that existed before Trump announced his new policy this summer, saying the administration had provided no solid evidence for why a ban should be implemented.
Trump had ordered a reinstatement of the longstanding policy that barred transgender individuals from joining the military; service members who were revealed to be transgender were subject to discharge. Under President Barack Obama, that policy was changed last year to allow transgender people to serve openly.
The Trump administration may appeal Kollar-Kotelly’s decision, but for now, the proposed ban remains unenforceable under Kollar-Kotelly’s preliminary injunction.
“We disagree with the court’s ruling and are currently evaluating the next steps,” said Justice Department spokeswoman Lauren Ehrsam.
She reiterated the department’s view that the lawsuit was premature because the Pentagon was still in the process of reviewing how the transgender policy might evolve.
The Justice Department, in seeking the lawsuit’s dismissal, said none of the plaintiffs had established that they will be impacted by current policies on military service.
The Trump administration had asked the court to dismiss the lawsuit; Kollar-Kotelly refused to do so, and Minter said it’s possible the case will go to trial.
With the refusal once again for the Democrats to accept the results of this election and the fact that the American people voted to enact these laws and executive actions, they have shown that they are willing to refute the will of the people in pursuit of their own identity politics and twisted ideology.
Once the smoke clears and this issue is finally resolved, the high court will once again side with the president as he acts on behalf of the citizens of the United States and the national security of the country. As has been stated so many times before, the military and the safety of the nation are no place to play with social experimentation.
H/T Chicago Tribune